Friday, October 26, 2007

Salsa Chicken



Yesterday I was planning to only cook for 2 adults and 1 child. It turned into 6 adults and 1 child in a 30 min period. I love cooking for my family. I saw this recipe on many other blogs and wanted to try it. It was so yummmmy! I also made spanish rice to go along with it. The rice was as good as the Mexican resturant that I eat at all the time.


Ingredients
2 chicken breasts, skinless
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp cumin
1 green pepper, sliced


Directions
Preheat oven to 375. Brown chicken in skillet (no need to cook through). Toss chicken with seasonings, then add to casserole or baking dish. Add salsa and green pepper. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes. Add cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Spanish Rice
Ingredients
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup chunky salsa
Directions
Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.Mix rice into skillet, stirring often. When rice begins to brown, stir in chicken broth and salsa. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed.
Recipe from Winointhekitchen and allrecipes.com Picture from my kitchen)

No comments: